Looking for the next big move in your career? We’re a fully remote (since before covid!) international digital studio (growing 2x yearly, 30+ people) looking to hire a Senior Laravel (PHP) Engineer. Sounds maybe interesting? Read on…
We’re looking for a Senior PHP (Laravel) Engineer which has experience under their belt building big digital products with PHP. MongoDB experience is a big plus. This is a long-term role we’re looking to fill. You’ll be working on a variety of projects for up and coming startups as well as established outlets. You do so working alongside your team of designs, QA and internal project managers in weekly sprints. This is a fully-remote, permanent, full-time position.
This is for you if…
- You’re looking for a remote, long-term position
- You have experience (4/5 years) in PHP development with Laravel at production-level;
- You have clear, solid first-hand experience building the backend for a big product, ideally one that processes tons of data.
- You have hands-on experience with MySQL, Postgres with MongoDB as a big plus;
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial: you’ll find solutions for problems, you’re ok with discussing best approaches and “bending the rules”. Super detailed stories aren’t your thing — but rather co-creating with others.
- You’ve got great technical communication skills: you can articulate your thoughts clearly;
- You have an understanding of logic, algorithms and the basics of engineering (regardless of your background);
- You need to be curious;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
- First hand production experience in designing, building and using APIs using REST / SOAP.
Note: You’ll see we never specify stuff like “Be a team player” or “Be dedicated” and stuff like that. That is a base requirement for any position these days, but just know we also like these things people usually ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude
This is even better
- Experience with MongoDB or GraphQL is a big plus.
- You’re able to work without micro-management and constant guidance, but rather can understand the high-level needs and the tasks needed and take it from there.
- Experience with micro-services architectures;
- You have a natural interest for Laravel and all things programming/tech — you don’t mind learning, you actually love learning.
- You have experience in developing large-scale high-usage products that are well designed and resilient;
- You’re able to stop, think for yourself and act.
Being an engineer here
We’re not Google or Facebook. We know that. But we provide ambitious, eager-to-learn engineers with unique opportunities to work on international, large-scale needle-moving projects having insane levels of ownership Regardless, we can promise one thing: you won’t be freaking adjusting pixels. You’ll have ownership (and with that, responsibility) to develop entire functionalities and products. You’ll be able to grow and learn, you’ll be given trust and expected to run with it. You’ll face challenges and fck up, and we’ll clean it together and learn. You’ll have a close-knit team without politics, “power wars” and bullshit. Here’s what matters for us: delivery (ship sht!) with quality, self-improvement and support of others. In this specific case since you’ll be building a product with us from the ground up the opportunity is even more interesting! If you do that, you’ll have tons of opportunities here — to grow, to learn, to take additional responsibility, to be exposed to unique international projects and people.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible to work to build our product from the ground up.
- Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation (e.g. for APIs);
- Work on creating basic and advanced database architectures with Postgres and MySQL;
- Collaborate with others on translating needs into a database architecture;
- Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
- Collaborate with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle, including the strategy and the architecture of the systems you will eventually build;
- Understand the goals and workflow of a product so you actually build backend technology aligned with the needs of that project and that can grow with it;
- Develop and keep API documentation and other backend documentation up-to-date;
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
What is in for you?
- An unique challenge that allows you to work on a product from scratch with high autonomy.
- Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
- Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… )
- Bonuses for performance indicators we’d mutually agree;
- Flexible vacation/days off policy
- Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
- Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
- Continuous Training (both on site and online)
- Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.