is building a modern remote monitoring and management solution. We are a small, well-funded, team that recently launched our product. We are searching for a strong, multi-talented individual contributor who is comfortable with systems-level programming and networking and can contribute to our agent, written in Go.Must-Haves
- Deep knowledge of a systems language like C, Rust, or Go.
- Not afraid to dig into an RFC. Low-level internals excites you, rather than scare you away.
- Experience with system-level APIs in Windows (win32), macOS, and/or Linux.
- Excellent written communicator.
- Willing to learn and work with Go.Nice-to-Haves
- You are comfortable using GCC and find yourself at home going through a C codebase.
- Familiarity with RPC and common methods of IPC such as sockets and named pipes.
- Video encoding experience. You have worked with VP8 and understand the spec.
- Building cross-platform libraries, our Go agent compiles to Windows, Darwin, and Linux on a variety of architectures.Things you might work on
- Building a cross-platform application management system to give users the ability to automatically install and update apps.
- Working with VP8 to reduce the latency and bandwidth when streaming a device.
- Creating a native GUI for the agent.
- Adding a proxy to the agent that enables remote access to routers and switches.
- Implementing Trickle ICE to improve WebRTC connection times.Why you might want to work with us
- We are a small, fully remote engineering team, and there are no layers of bureaucracy. You can have a huge impact here.
- We are very flexible with working hours, we don't expect you to work a consistent block of time, and we trust you to get your work done.
- We launched within the last year and are starting to grow.Why you might not want to work with us
- We are an early-stage startup, and while we are well funded, we are careful with our runway and haven't splurged on extra perks like gym memberships or 401k matching.
- You want to work with a large team. We believe that small teams are better and do not intend to hire more until it is painful enough to warrant doing so.More
120k USD annual compensation
- Most work and communication is async but we do require our employee workdays to have 4-5 hours of overlap with 9-5 EST. This allows us to hire from any timezone but still guarantee collaboration time.
Collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at Level, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.