We are looking for a leading Front-End engineer/developer. Our front-end application is built in-house leveraging react-based open-source frameworks. We manage and manipulate data through our application and provide users with rich interactions through data processing, workflow management, and webGL based visualizations.
WHAT YOU’ll DO
- Understand the capabilities of SensorUp and current customer applications.
- Contribute directly to SensorUp, familiarizing with the architecture and development workflows through feature development and collaboration with our talented development team.
- Understand all our development workflows, release processes, and CI/CD processes.
- Create new feature areas and own significant scope with minimal guidance. We provide a high level of autonomy and ownership.
- Research and implement geospatial features, 4D features, advanced visualization and reporting features.
- Optimize aspects of our platform through the implementation of web-workers, service workers, web-sockets, and caching strategies.
- Closely interact with the team to plan, coordinate, and execute features that span multiple system areas.
- Work with streaming data, feature data, and historical data and advance your understanding of our internal data structures and our software domains.
- Further improve our technology usage, contributions, and integrations with geospatial leaders including Uber, Cesium, Mapbox, Carto and ESRI
- Architect lower level improvements including leveraging data structures like Apache Arrow, protobuf and considerations for offloading certain functionality to the back-end.
- Understand customer and product manager feedback and translate to the product.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced developer with 10+ years of experience in multiple areas of the system.
- Someone who loves to learn new technologies and stay up to speed on ever evolving front-end technologies and approaches.
- Someone who has gravitated towards the advanced aspects of front-end development (complex front-end applications).
- DevOps mindset of automation, measurement, monitoring, and improvement as it applies to the front-end and related system areas.
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp. Will proactively obtain the direction or specification you require from the team vs. waiting for direction.
- Ownership of the overall architecture and implementation of the front-end, able to break down vague large problems into stepwise increments.
- Committed to sharing knowledge through documentation, mentorship, and collaboration with other development team members
- Contribute to the code review, and QA processes which we are whole team processes.
- Exquisite technical communication skills: oral, written, and presentation
- Friendly and fun to work with as we grow the company.
The selected candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the company in all customer and market situations. They will exhibit natural credibility and offer proven and effective technology implementation skills. The person must embrace the concept of team internally and work professionally with our customers. We are looking to recruit a team member that will grow with us, taking ownership of new responsibilities and processes.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and training per market and also includes options and benefits.
This role is remote/work from home anywhere in Canada with preference being given to candidates in Alberta. SensorUp has offices, when we aren’t working from home, in Calgary and Vancouver.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly through the LinkedIn job posting and provide a detailed cover letter describing how your experience and skill makes you a strong candidate for this opportunity.