We're looking for Fullstack Engineers experienced in microservices architecture to help us build our next-gen investment fund platform.
Who we are
ScalingFunds is a FinTech startup building a blockchain-powered investment fund platform. Originally founded in Berlin and infused by its values, we are now a fully distributed company.
Our mission is to democratize investing. We empower fund managers to launch funds faster & cheaper, accept more people as investors into their funds, and handle compliance efficiently. And we lower the barrier to entry for investors and increase transparency to allow more people to invest in powerful financial instruments previously reserved for the ultra-rich.
You will work with a modern microservices architecture on a cloud-native stack using the latest and greatest Frontend, Backend, DevOps, and Blockchain technologies:
- Frontend - React / TypeScript / Apollo / CSS-in-JS / Storybook
- Backend - Node.js / TypeScript / Koa / GraphQL / PubSub
- Database - PostgreSQL
- Orchestration - Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform
- CI/CD - GitLab (internal projects) / GitHub (open source)
- Infra -Google Cloud / Cloudflare
- Blockchain - Ethereum / Solidity / Hardhat
(Note: You do not need experience in every single technology listed above to apply.)
What we offer
- Remote Work - Work from anywhere. Meetings happen between 10:00-18:00 in Central European timezone.
- Modern Stack - Work with the latest and greatest technologies, including blockchain.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at the high end of local market rates.
- 23 days paid vacation - We value work-life balance. With each additional year you earn 1 more holiday (up to 30 days total).
- Deep Work Time - We know Engineers need focus. Tuesdays and Thursdays are our heads-down days. No meetings allowed.
- Stock Options - We want everyone to feel ownership, so we give everyone ownership.
- Growth Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for books, courses, conferences, you name it.
- Office Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for co-working spaces or upgrading your home office.
- Fitness Budget - €44 monthly allowance for your physical & mental health.
- Open Source - Contribute to our open source projects like Strong Config 💪.
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Your English is fluent, spoken and written
- You are great at self-managing and organization
- You have a growth mindset
- You know how to thrive in a remote-working environment
- You are ok with working in Central European Timezone
- TypeScript experience is a big plus
- Extensive experience in building and consuming APIs
- Extensive experience in data modelling and working with relational databases
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Extensive experience writing tests across the entire pyramid
- Experience using Docker in production
🏳️🌈 Diversity 🏳️🌈
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity of thought at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
While nationality isn't the only diversity vector, we are proud to have more than 20 different nationalities among our current and former team members at Brickblock!
🇨🇴 🇯🇵 🇷🇺 🇮🇳 🇨🇦 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🏴 🇻🇪 🇺🇸 🇭🇺 🇲🇽 🇵🇱 🇦🇷 🇳🇦 🇦🇺 🇺🇦 🇮🇪 🇧🇾 🇫🇷 🇳🇬 🇺🇬