Percent Pledge is looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our team fully remote team. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with full-stack development and is specifically proficient in Ruby on Rails. If you’re passionate about growing a mission-driven startup and would like to work in a fast-paced environment remotely from anywhere in the US, then we want you!
About Percent Pledge
Percent Pledge is the first company to make workplace giving programs customizable and affordable for companies of any size. Today's talent is more socially conscious than ever before. Corporate Social Responsibility is now table stakes, but most companies have no way to manage, measure, or market CSR programs.
We offer a modern giving solution enabling companies of any size to authentically engage with their workforce and improve employer brand. Our proprietary giving platform and impact reporting empower employees to seamlessly support their favorite cause(s) -- whatever they might be -- and continuously measure their positive impact.
In less than two years, we have become the “SMB” workplace giving & volunteering experts, built a growing client base of 25+ clients nationwide -- ranging from Fortune 100 consulting firms to high-growth startups -- and have been named one of Built In’s 50 Startups to Watch.
About the Role
In this role, you will help us build the best product and features to provide more companies with customized workplace philanthropy programs. You will be responsible for all aspects of developing our web product including--but not limited to--architecture, implementation, testing, and partnering with stakeholders. Building a great product is a highly collaborative effort, so it’s important you are a team player with strong communication skills.
What Success Looks Like
- You partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to design a product that meets our customers’ needs
- You partner closely with other engineers to implement end-to-end new features and functionality in the product
- You propose innovative and creative ideas that lead to a product that delights our customers and creates a business impact
- You raise the bar on quality, testing, and performance to ensure the product reliably performs for our customers
- You help develop best practices and standards to strengthen our team
- You own outages and failures by participating in on-call with the rest of the team
- You continually improve our codebase and systems to increase team velocity and scale
- You foster an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment that is great to work in
What Sets You Up For Success
- 5+ years of experience developing business web applications
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in both front-end and back-end architecture
- Proficiency in data science and data architecture
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Leadership and growth opportunities; getting in on the ground floor of a growing company
- Competitive full-time salary
- Competitive benefits package
- Equity options
High-Level Recruitment Process
- Phone interview with the CEO
- Technical interview with the engineering team
- Behavioral interview with the engineering team
- Meet & greet with the larger team
- Cover Letter (150 words max) that is NOT a template with "Percent Pledge" inputted