Flanksource is looking for a founding level Senior or Staff Software Engineer to join our team of 9 to take us to the next level by leading development efforts on our next-generation incident response and observability platform bringing test-driven development into the operations space. . You will play a pivotal role in growing the team and setting the foundations for the engineering function as we scale up.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity,
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Actively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to iterate faster
- Provide mentorship to engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Significant professional experience (6+ years) with either Go or React, and the ability to review code in both.
- Effective communication skills in a remote environment: Regularly achieve consensus with peers.
- Experience owning a project/major feature from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Remote first culture - work from anywhere on Earth
- Flexible working hours - Choose both when and how much you work.
- Annual development budget to spend on conferences, books, courses, etc...
Nice to haves:
- Contributions and/or a passion for open source
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
- $80k - $130k
- 1.5% - 10% equity