Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Team Lead who is passionate about building great products and loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
- Contribute to the codebase and manage a team of frontend and backend engineers.
- Help your team achieve their goals, through creating a framework of responsibility and optimizing your team’s performance.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop your direct reports through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback, and performance reviews.
- Work closely with the Product Manager on your team to drive team strategy and direction.
- Work with other team leads across the department to make improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to your Tribe or Group lead and work with them on hiring and capacity planning.
- 5+ years working in software development and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3 to 5 engineers).
- Development experience using either Python or a frontend framework such as Angular or React.
- Experience applying and inspiring engineering discipline within the team to avoid over-engineering without impacting product quality.
- Experience relying on business data and metrics to guide your workload.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.