Salary Range: $100k-$120k + Equity
Geographical Preference: US & EU
Who we are
Crowdcast is the online events platform for businesses, creators, and people at large to bring their community together. We've had massive growth over the past few months as people all over the world move their events online. Every month, millions of people attend events ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to creators like Mos Def, Amanda Palmer, MIA, System of a Down & Jacob Collier.
We believe technology can be used to bring people together & bridge divides. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, bring their communities together, and make a living in the process.
We're a profitable, remote-first, and long-term thinking company. You could say we're a zebra
Who you are
You get a kick out of imagining what's possible and then realizing it through code. You have a not-so-secret obsession with solving complex problems. You're aware that your job isn't over when that code gets deployed.
You have high integrity, are self-motivated, and a lifelong learner. You're not afraid to dive into uncharted territory and are open to updating your opinions based on new information. You have strong written communication that is thoughtful and clear. You're constantly pushing yourself to grow and become the most authentic & full expression of yourself.
You've spent years refining your engineering skills and now you want to do work that truly makes a positive impact on the world. You're looking to help build a company that's directly empowering people while being profitable and sustainable. You balance creating impact today with long-term goals, and you want to play a key role in an early team. You're motivated to help build a team you love working with and a culture that you're proud to be part of.
What you'll do
- You won't be just another engineer at a giant company. We're a small tight-knit multi-disciplinary team, and you'll be directly involved in shaping the product & culture.
- As a core member, you'll be integral in the architecture and development of the platform.
- You'll work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- We're pushing the boundaries of what's possible with live video using web technologies and have built some incredible tech that allows us to host interactive low-latency live video at scale. You'll be a core contributor, and you'll have the opportunity to experiment with innovative new solutions.
- You'll work with the latest technologies that power the web. On the front-end, you'll work with Node.js, Typescript, React & more. All of these are subject to change with time and your input.
- We value ownership and the ability to take an idea through all of the stages from conception to shipping a product. As an engineer at Crowdcast, you'll be highly independent and autonomous.
Your skills & experience
- You've seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain weird sides of the internet.
- 6+ years of front-end engineering experience with all major web browsers and web-based technologies
- Strong experience with React and related NPM libraries/packages
- Strong experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Strong experience with Client Side State Management concepts or libraries like Redux, Mobx, React Context, etc
- Strong experience with React Architecture and Component Design
- Experience working with UI/UX teams to bring wireframes and mockups to life
- Experience with front-end browser technologies like CSS, canvas, animations, etc
- Experience optimizing web applications for mobile browsers
- You value creating and updating great documentation.
- Bonus: Experience with NodeJS
- Bonus: A good eye for design & user experience
Benefits & Perks
- A competitive salary with equity
- Healthcare Coverage (including dental & vision)
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual Retreats
- Paid Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Flexible PTO & Sick leave
- Investment in career growth and training
Crowdcast is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that makes you uniquely YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we'll be as a team—and the better we'll be able to create an inclusive product.