Ecochain is growing! We are a young and purpose-driven scale-up company and with our innovative, scalable and modern tech platform we enable our customers to reduce their environmental impact.For our mission, we are looking for forward-thinking engineers to join our fast-growing tech team to extend our platform's functionality and usability. You will be working in an agile environment where the tech team builds, deploys, monitors and supports the platform.
We work a lot with Golang, but we care much more about general engineering skills than about knowledge of specific programming languages.
If you're looking for a job that aims to create a better world, having an opportunity to develop yourself, where your opinion matters and where you will be working with cutting-edge technologies (Go, GraphQL, Neo4J, AWS, React...), then being a Golang Developer @ Ecochain is the perfect job for you!
- At least 5 years of experience as a talented developer including several years working with Go
- Working knowledge of (part of) our Tech stack: AWS, Terraform, Docker, GraphQL, Go, React, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, Grafana, SQS, ElasticSearch.
- A technical vision and a passion for creating innovative solutions and improving your work environment.
- Great attention to detail and good knowledge in shipping high-quality code (clean code, TDD, DDD, SOLID).
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace.
- Curiosity, proactivity, teamspirit and passion.
- Excitement for learning how our platform works and the impact we bring to our clients while contributing to a more sustainable world
- You can read, write, and speak professional English as we have people from many different countries working at Ecochain
- You live in a time zone with a maximum difference of ±2 hours to Central European Time (CET)
You’re perfect for this role if
- You get excited by the idea of enabling our customers to move to a more sustainable world.
- Complex business and architecture do not scare you; they stimulate you to give your best because you are willing to understand every single piece of it.
- You are willing to get up close and personal with cutting-edge technologies. Including tech that you introduce to the stack.
- The cherry on the cake (but not mandatory): you are familiar with DDD, Event sourcing, high-performance applications and software architecture.
What we offer
- Making an impact as you will work on helping to solve the biggest problem of humankind: climate change!
- Daily challenge in making very complex stuff easy to use as this is not a straightforward journey!
- Enjoy the ride of the scale-up phase we’re in and evolve your skills and grow along with the company
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers. Amsterdam is a great city but we understand that not everyone lives nearby
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- Of course an attractive salary and also the hardware of choice to work with, a gym subscription to keep you healthy and 25 vacation days
- A 2-day quarterly team retreat to update & upgrade yourself and have some quality time with your team members in a beautiful place
Why you should join our team
Purpose: Whether you call it having an impact, making a difference or doing work that matters, many professionals like yourself find it increasingly important to have a job that makes a tangible contribution to a better world. At Ecochain, we enable clients to get a grip on their environmental impact and sustainable ambitions. We turn data into actionable insights and enable our customers in improving the footprint of their products, processes or company as a whole. Because only if you know where and how the impact is generated, you can come up with ways to reduce it. For an in-depth look at what we help our clients achieve and how we get there, you can read our Customer Stories.
Timing: We are in a scaleup phase of organizational development. You will become part of a dynamic, international team of currently 30 colleagues and contribute to our +50% growth goal. This provides great opportunities for new colleagues because it creates room to challenge the status quo and have that sense of ownership and very real influence that turns daily work into something inspirational. And since we are a technology-driven company, the development team is the backbone of our future.
Team: Our development team is destined to grow rapidly in the coming months to bring to life to all the amazing ideas we have on our ambitious roadmap. It is the perfect time to jump on the Ecochain train.
Our interview process:
- screening interview
- coding assignment + interview with the development team
- interview with our Head of Product & Tech
- job offer
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Golang Developer? Then we'd love to hear from you!