Bevshop is building the ecommerce infrastructure that will power the future of the alcohol industry.
We help growing alcohol brands connect with their customers through DTC ecommerce.
Alcohol's complex regulations and outdated systems have long made it difficult for creators to reach their customers and grow their businesses.
We're empowering alcohol brands to build their online businesses by using ecommerce to streamline three-tier
compliance and logistics, creating access to customers and data that has literally never been seen before in the alcohol industry.
Bevshop is supported by angel investors and advisors including Chris Herron (Creature Comforts Brewing, Diageo, Brewers Association), Tom Russell (The Governors Ball), Nina Stepanov (Contrary Capital, Acceleprise), Rich Goodstone & Rick Farman (Superfly), and more.
About this role
We're seeking a Full-Stack WooCommerce Developer to expand the capabilities of our initial product and help scale our business.
Working directly with our CPO, you'll lead on projects that will have a direct impact on the growth of Bevshop and our customers.
You'll develop custom plug-ins and integrations, launch new customer websites, and optimize our infrastructure to help us operate more efficiently.
This is a full-time, remote contract role.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about the opportunity to build meaningful products that help other entrepreneurs pursue their dreams and grow their businesses.
- You are bothered by inefficient & archaic systems and feel a natural desire to change them for the better.
- You are a critical, analytical, and systematic thinker. You seek to identify the root of a problem, understand its long-term implications, and present solutions that are creative, scalable, and harmonious with the broader system.
- You have strong attention to detail, prioritize exceptional user experience at all times, and are not satisfied unless you've delivered great work.
- You are an excellent communicator and thrive when collaborating with a trusted team.
What you'll work on:
- Advancing our existing WooCommerce-powered websites and platform, including:
- Developing custom plug-ins and customizing third-party plug-ins to power new ecommerce, marketing, and reporting features
- Implementing new third-party integrations and improving upon existing integrations with order fulfillment platforms (e.g. ShipStation), payment processors (e.g. Stripe), and marketing tools (e.g. Klaviyo)
- Implementing new product layouts and frontend specific features in to our custom Bevshop theme
- Developing infrastructure solutions to streamline our internal processes
- Overseeing WordPress backend management and QA across multiple sites, including:
- Plug-in updates
- Settings changes
- Content management
- Setting up new customer websites
- Leading on bug fixes
- Optimizing our codebase to work more efficiently across multiple sites
- Working with our CPO to help manage, review, and QA projects handled by external developers
What you'll need:
- 4+ years backend WordPress and WooCommerce development experience
- Experience working with custom themes and plugins (including both frontend and WordPress/WooCommerce backend/admin development work)
- Experience with PHP, HTML, CSS (Sass), JS, relational databases, MySQL, Wordpress/WooCommerce REST API, and Stripe API
- Experience working with Git and working in a multi-developer environment
- Ability to write clean, understandable, and well-documented/commented code
- Based in North America (U.S. strongly preferred)
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal)