NakedPoppy is a venture-backed startup that uses machine learning and photo analysis to recommend clean beauty and skincare. We’ve created a platform to enable customers to confidently shop for clean beauty online by screening for the best ingredients and providing valuable guidance.
The Senior Full-Stack Developer should have a high-level understanding of the web technology ecosystem and be excited to think through projects on multiple levels, from architecture to variable names. They will problem-solve in a fast-moving environment where they will be empowered to critically think through, then implement solutions.
NakedPoppy's engineering organization is a small, close-knit team with a positive and customer-centric collaborative culture. You would be working with the Product and Data Science teams to create a robust system for real-time data processing. As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will collaborate with the team to build, maintain, and improve NakedPoppy’s microservices and UI, contribute to our CI pipeline, and build- and test-infrastructure, as well as develop tools and automation for internal users. You'll have an opportunity to make a big impact by building out new features and contributing to early-stage decisions at an exciting time.
We have a distributed team, so this is a remote role with the expectation that you are able to overlap with prime business hours PST. As a company, we are attuned to the need for a work-life balance and provide ample time off as well as flexible schedules. We are also open to a part-time arrangement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on features, refactors, and infrastructure for testing and alerting
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Think critically and communicate graciously
Our Tech stack includes:
- AWS (RDS, Elastic Beanstalk,
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Python (flask)
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience utilizing, building on, and deploying to AWS or a comparable cloud services platform
- 3+ years of experience building applications that integrate with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server)
- API Design
- 2+ years of React Experience
- Enjoys looking at problems from different perspectives
- Comfortable brainstorming both technical and non-technical solutions in response to business needs
- An interest in the beauty industry, as you'll be spending a lot of time thinking about it!
- Experience working for startups