Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As an Android engineer you will be joining the Client Development team in support of continued development of Peerfit's native mobile experience. You will participate in feature development across different cross-functional teams, help represent mobile in client-driven API negotiation, and support our infrastructure engineer in maturing the mobile tooling for CI and operations. You'll be working with an established team of Android developers.
We're seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building iterative software that solves real problems in our product and technical domains.
You will be responsible for managing our native Android app implemented with Kotlin and min. SDK 21 and act as a representative for native client development. You will collaborate with client peers using pair programming, code review, testing, and team-driven continuous improvement. You will also work with Design and Marketing to help translate product and marketing objectives into idiomatic Android experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 1-7 years of professional experience delivering native Android apps; knowledge and experience using Kotlin
- Experience with writing unit / functional tests
- Experience with Git and GitFlow
- Experience creating Android libraries
- Experience with design patterns
NICE TO HAVES:
- Comfort with open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Google Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience with Fastlane
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer