Evolution Virtual, Vice President, Engineering
Evolution Virtual is a company whose mission is to improve the experience of buying and selling real estate across the world.
We are a team of 75 artists, designers, technologists, and real estate professionals, spread across three continents, who passionately create the world’s leading 3D visualization and interactive tools for marketing new developments. Our incredible products have helped developers and sales agents lease over $100 Billion of new development real estate worldwide.
Our products include:
UltraReal™ 3D Visualization Technology. The forefront of luxury architectural visualizations and is the technology of choice for the world’s most elite designers, architects, developers, brokerages, and marketing firms.
Sage is the leading interactive sales platform for luxury real estate. Hundreds of leading developments around the world choose Sage to create awe-inspiring marketing experiences for their elite prospects. Sage holds all of a development’s marketing assets – inventory information, pictures, renderings, views, floor plans and much more. Sage then allows the designing of sales center and mobile experiences that perfectly choreograph the full spectrum of devices, TVs, lights, model lighting, etc.
Evolution Creative: Full spectrum branding and marketing company dedicated to luxury real estate, and a leader in print and digital marketing for iconic buildings.
Global Hawk. A 3D-enhanced property search portal for New Developments worldwide, Global Hawk will redefine the luxury real estate marketing and search experience for developers, agents and buyers. Global Hawk will provide ground-breaking 3D experiences and search capabilities, previously only available in sales galleries, to millions of buyers.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to help bring the company to the next stage. This person will run our fully-distributed development organization, organize and assign work to the various developers and designers, perform code and architecture reviews, assist with the technical strategy, and at times, may be asked to get their hands dirty with a bit of coding. You will assist with building this team up when the opportunity arises, helping us choose the right candidates with insightful and probing technical interviews.
This is a fully remote opportunity. You will be interacting with a team of developers that are located in the USA and South America. Experience in running fully remote teams is required for this position.
The engineering team currently uses React/Redux on the frontend and Node.js/Postgres on the backend. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS. We have an interest in eventually scaling the platform to handle millions of users and 10,000 simultaneous connections. Therefore, the VP of Engineering position requires experience in scaling out a platform. The VPE will work with our CTO to come up with a technical architecture that allows the platform to grow.
Your responsibilities include
- Collaborating with our CEO, Head of Product, and CTO
- Organizing, structuring, and managing the engineering team
- Identifying, recruiting, and retaining top technical talent
- Developing project plans, assigning work to the developers, and tracking progress
- Managing the source control system and the CI/CD process
- Being involved in the architecture of the various Evolution systems
- Being involved in the plans to scale out the platform to accommodate many users
- Writing high-quality Node.js code if needed
- Excellent leadership, people management, project management, and communication skills.
- BS or more in computer science (preferred although not absolutely required)
- 5+ years managing teams of 25-50 software engineers in high-traffic Internet-based products, preferably in a consumer-facing environment
- Experience in a startup-like environment
- Track record of collaboratively working with cross-functional teams to deliver complex business goals
- Experience hiring dozens of engineers and managing with very little voluntary turnover
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Experience with project management tools, such as Jira, Clubhouse, etc.
- Experience with source control systems, such as GitHub and BitBucket
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with collaboration platforms like Slack and Zoom
Salary: $150,000-$200,000 depending on experience
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
15 Days PTO and Paid Holidays
Remote Work Environment
Hardware and Software needed for work