We are seeking an Engineering Manager with expertise in React, Elixir, or Ruby programming languages, a track record improving engineering processes, and proficiency in the design, maintenance, and assessment of technical architecture.
Compensation is $125k-145K. This position is fully remote within the United States and its Territories. We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance and a 3% matching SIMPLE IRA program.
SmartLogic is an experienced and growing custom software development consultancy successfully serving clients for 15 years. We are deeply committed to our team, our clients, and the communities where we work. Check out recent company initiatives - youth workforce development
, investing in anti-racism
, and women in tech
. We look forward to reviewing your application and starting a conversation about a fulfilling career with SmartLogic.
- Manage a team of up to six developers to produce effective and efficient code ensuring projects are on time, on budget, and have happy clients.
- Ensure continuous professional development progress for your team and the company as a whole.
- Design, maintain, assess, and debug technical architecture and codebases.
- Improve and maintain engineering processes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with project managers ensuring technical excellence for client products.
- Project management and individual contributor programming as needed.
- Support hiring, operations, and sales as related to the engineering team and technical decision making.
- Expertise in React, Ruby or Elixir.
- Demonstrated experience designing, maintaining, and assessing technical architecture.
- Experience communicating with clients and translating technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
- We prefer project management experience but it is not required.
- First time managers are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are continuously working to cultivate a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity of background, experience, and thought. We believe that diversity benefits both our company culture and the software we write.
SmartLogic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies.
This position is fully remote and you may work from anywhere in the United States. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, and a 3% matching SIMPLE IRA program.
SmartLogic is committed to professional development and community involvement. We provide ample opportunity for participation in conferences, books, and other desired resources. We organize events, meetups, and invest in our local and online communities.