Who We Are
Mayanalytics is a technology and data company that develops growth automation software for Amazon sellers. Our initial product set includes:
- Advertising management, which optimizes the performance of our customers' campaigns to deliver higher sales and profits
- Inventory management, which utilizes forecasting based on organic and ad-driven sales to predict when inventory needs to be restocked
We are a venture-backed and Y Combinator W21 startup that is delivering significant results for our customers across the growing e-commerce space. We are looking to expand the team! For more information about Mayanalytics, please visit www.mayanalytics.com
We value data-driven processes through innovation, collaboration, and a passion for getting things done. For our hires, we aim to cultivate the best + diverse employees as we continue to foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are redefining what it means to be a remote company with team members living and working across the globe. Work from anywhere and if you and other team members want to work together in Mexico, USA, Spain, wherever — we will help facilitate that. We embrace world-views, diversity in background, diversity in make-up, and diversity in thought.
We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly virtual happy hours, semi-annual offsites, and unlimited paid time off. We embrace life-work balance. We know you have a life outside of Mayanalytics and we want to help you nurture that too. We understand that helping you stay happy and healthy are key ingredients to enable you to deliver your best work.
At Mayanalytics, we build innovative tech products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while embracing experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love. The core MIT founding team brings experience across e-commerce, tech infrastructure, marketing, finance and deep expertise in the Amazon seller ecosystem. Our founder brings experience of being an early team member at the fastest U.S. startup on record to reach "unicorn" status - also operating within the Amazon ecosystem.
Mayanalytics brings a data-driven approach to the Amazon ecosystem.
The Full Stack Engineer will be a key early employee and will architect highly-performant, reliable, and scalable applications to be used by thousands of Amazon sellers. The successful candidate will understand our product strategy and collaborate with product and brand management peers to translate complex user stories into successful product releases. You have the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and deliver innovative products at a rapid pace. We operate under a startup environment and thus value someone who is self-motivated and can take their own initiative.
In addition to the above, responsibilities will include:
- Own end-to-end design and implementation of features including development, testing, release, and maintenance
- Deliver integrated automations for both internal team and external customer products
- Implement clean and modern UI's that match designs and provide an excellent user experience
- Mentor junior engineers and create a culture of engineering excellence by refining our processes, documentation, onboarding, and interviewing practices
- 3+ years of professional experience developing production ready web applications
- 4+ years of relevant software engineering work experience
- Takes ownership of work from beginning to end
- Experience with relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english)
Nice to Haves
- Degree in computer science or related
- Experience with Next.js and server side rendering applications
- Experience with serverless frameworks (Google/Firebase cloud functions or AWS Lambda)
- Understanding of modern build tools (e.g. Webpack) and CI/CD (e.g. GitLab CI)
- Proficiency writing unit and end-to-end tests
- Experience building and maintaining automations and data pipelines using Apache Airflow or similar workflow management platforms
- Experience with data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data paradigms, and associated languages such as Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes or distributed systems.
- Familiarity with data visualization software is a plus (Looker or Tableau)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including customers, customer success and executives
Mayanalytics does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
As part of our dedication to our workforce’s diversity, Mayanalytics is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.