Expression of Interest - Multiple Roles Available - PHP Developers (Moodle)!
Are you looking to take on a challenging and rewarding role with the world’s most popular learning platform provider? Then look no further…
We are seeking expressions of interest from talented PHP developers interested in joining Moodle HQ. This is a great opportunity to express your interest in opportunities available now and coming up as we grow.
Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by over 250 million learners worldwide. Developed in conjunction with our community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support. We also teach and support educators to create effective online learning experiences and share open education resources. Collectively, we empower educators to improve our world.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
What roles will we have available?
Right now (!) and over the coming months, we’ll be on the lookout for experienced developers that have:
- Ideally, worked in Moodle development
- Strong understanding of databases, SQL and MySQL
- Solid experience working with test frameworks and infrastructure like, PHPUnit, Behat
- Knowledge of Git, GitHub and GitLab
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) - must be able to speak Fluent English
It would be extra awesome if you have experience with:
- Theme design/development
- Cross training on IT/ infrastructure
- Laravel framework
- Experience working with hosted infrastructure - AWS or Azure
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world, our passion for our values and some of the cool things we are doing as a company.
So what about this?!
- A truly flexible work environment. This is a remote working opportunity, so work wherever you like
- Join a growing company (we’ll be growing over 50% this year!)
- Talented, best of field development team
- Global, open source platform with the opportunity to make a difference to the world of education
- Contractor opportunity with lots of flexibility (can hire permanently if you live in the USA, Australia or Spain!)
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add…
- Press send.
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.