We are seeking a full time Senior NodeJS Engineer. You'll be thrown right into the mix accepting challenges across the stack, contributing ideas, writing code, shipping into production. If you're looking for a new challenge with an exciting and continually growing team, we'd love to hear from you. Every team member has a voice and every team member will make an impact.
We're looking to hire immediately. The position is a full time contract and is a global search.
Who you are
- Self-Starter: You take initiative, meet deadlines, and creatively solve problems. You are not fearful of legacy code.
- Student: You learn constantly through reading, meet-ups, etc., and apply best practices whenever possible.
- Teacher: You not only command programming fundamentals and concepts, but can also explain design patterns in developing OOP.
- Craftsman: You strive to create code that is tested, maintainable, readable, and re-usable.
- Versatile: You have relevant experience in a wide range of technologies with a strong background in NodeJS in production.
- Highly skilled in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of package management and microservice architecture
- Building, Integrating, and Testing APIs both internal and 3rd Party
- Background and strength in writing tests that matter
- Strong MySQL and MongoDB Experience
- Strong communication skills in the English language
What you will work on
- Improving legacy code and sharing knowledge with team
- Solving complex problems by using your past experience as well as investigating legacy code base
- Authoring code that makes immediate positive impact
- Pairing with teammates sharing domain knowledge
- Authoring tickets when needed using your past experiences to make architectural decisions
- Building highly performant queries and code, locating hot spots and improving legacy code
What we use
- Applications: Slack, Gitlab, Github, NewRelic, Jenkins CI, JIRA, Confluence
- We practice Agile / SCRUM Product Development, host daily stand ups, and work in 2 week sprints
- We're primarily Mac Users and all remote. You can make how you need to.
- You have proven experience maintaining and debugging high trafficked websites in NodeJS
- You truly are a self-starter and hungry for a challenge
- Your daily workflow matches strongly with our stack
- You've had DevOps experience in the NodeJS environment
- You accept and complete a coding challenge
When you apply please include
- A little about yourself, what you're interested in, what you've been doing with regard to code
- A link to your GitHub account (and/or or relevant code samples and contributions)
- A resume and personal website if you have one
- Your desired rate
- You must include the answer to the following question: Are you OK working with adult content both male and female in nature?
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.