WHO WE ARE
Pike13 is a fast-growing Seattle-based company that is always looking for people who are customer-focused, dedicated, accountable, and driven. We design and build software that’s simple to use so business owners can focus on what they do best—serving their clients.
HOW WE WORK
We like operating at full throttle in a collaborative group of both startup veterans and novices who debate the right way to do things and are empowered to take smart risks, find brilliant solutions, and build things that better the well-being of our customers and theirs. We’re doing our best work ever, learning from our mistakes, improving on our successes, and finding abilities we didn’t know we had for using sophisticated logic and business intelligence to make bedrock business principles accessible and intuitive to small and enterprise businesses alike.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is motivated and excited to work on all aspects of our technology stack. Primary responsibilities include designing, implementing and connecting both front-end and back-end applications, so being comfortable working with multiple, different languages, technologies and databases is crucial.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Design and implementation of more complex features and enhancements
- Optimize application for maximum speed, scalability, and availability
- Deliver fixes, enhancements, and features in accordance with product requirements
- Ensure code quality via test driven development and continuous integration
- Contribute code to open source projects
- Mentor other developers
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and solve problems or enhancements
- Collaborate with external teams, vendors, and customers
- Effectively manage time to maximize results
- Provide solutions and proactively identify potential problems
- Share on-call duty with peers
WHO YOU ARE
You care about helping small business owners reach their dreams. You sweat the details of their issues and truly care about the customer experience. In fact, you do whatever’s needed to help our customers succeed. You’re action-oriented, a terrific listener, a diplomatic negotiator, and a discerning communicator. You know your priorities. You see what needs to be done and you're motivated to do it without direction, at the same time looking for opportunities to share ideas and pitch in on others’ projects. You take customer feedback as a challenge to get it right and get joy from building a product that customers love.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a technology company.
- 2+ years of Ruby development experience in a technology company.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding of security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems and servers
- Management of hosting environment, resource scalability, and database administration
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Good understanding of software testing principles and test-driven development.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of one or more of Ruby, Python, Java or Go
- Experience with large Ruby on Rails applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
EXTRA COOL IF YOU HAVE
- Experience in coding secure applications
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker or other container-based platforms
Job Type: Full-time