WagerLab is seeking a highly experienced and self-driven CTO/Lead Software Engineer to oversee and direct our front-end and back-end systems. As a crucial member of our development team, you will play an instrumental role in architecting and building the systems that support both the WagerLab app and our B2B clients' white-labeled apps. You will work closely with our CEO and will be responsible for the overall architecture and design of our software, ensuring the platform's scalability. Additionally, you will participate in feature development, dev ops, code migrations, business strategy, and mentoring junior engineers.
- Hands on development work - Develop and enhance our front-end React Native app
- Design and maintain our back-end serverless architecture
- Contribute to the development of our white-labeled SaaS platform
- Architect scalable and maintainable code that avoids technical debt
- Diagnose and resolve bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Identify business opportunities and implement technical solutions that drive growth
- Lead the tech team and mentor junior engineers
- Contribute to product direction and strategy in addition to software development efforts. Work hand-in-hand with our CEO across product, strategy, and technical aspects of the business
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 7 years of professional experience in software development (more preferred).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a tech leadership role
- Must be actively writing code either in current role or regularly via side-projects as this role involves writing code on a daily basis
- Strong business acumen with a keen understanding of product and strategy, and their relation to our tech roadmap. Product management experience preferred.
- Proficient in React and React Native
- Knowledge of software architecture design principles and best practices
- Ability to both write and review code for both the front-end and back-end that is both clean and scalable
This is a full-time position. Compensation consists of a competitive salary, ranging from $100,000 to $220,000 per year (depending on experience) and includes equity/ownership in the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-507-519-2437 for assistance.