Are you an experienced full-stack engineer? Do you like to figure things out? Are you looking for autonomy and focus? Are you a team player? Do you enjoy building a quality product? Do you want to work as part of a remote team?
GoSkills is an online education company dedicated to providing high-quality courses and an easy-to-use learning platform.
We are looking for a self-motivated software developer to join our team of ten developers. The development team also works closely with the design, marketing and customer support teams.
The people you will work with are distributed around the globe but mostly based in the Americas, Europe and New Zealand, so ideally you are located somewhere within these time zones. Our team is distributed across 14 countries, either working from home or from co-working spaces.
- You have excellent software development skills
- You like to build products that look great
- You are willing to learn and develop your skills
- You are proactive, and have strong drive and initiative
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have great communication skills
- You’re a team player and you also work independently
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience
You have 3+ years of experience with:
We use a variety of other technologies, which you might have experience with:
What you get
- Remote work: We are a fully remote and distributed team, with our team members spread across 15 countries currently.
- Vacation days: 20 days of paid time off per year, plus 12 local public holidays, wherever you are.
- Work-life balance: Enjoy a flexible schedule based on your personal daily routine. This is a full-time position, so we expect 8 hours of work time per working day on average. We don’t expect crazy long hours, overtime and burn out. We expect good time management skills and high quality output during your regular work hours.
- Team retreat: We all travel and meet up at an exotic location for a week about once per year to have fun and get to know each other. Our last retreat was in Costa Rica. The next one might be in Croatia.
- Strong team culture: We build and maintain a strong team culture. This includes weekly all-hands Zoom calls, weekly team calls, and virtual catch-ups over tea/coffee/beer. There are no internal politics, we speak up if there are any issues and we treat each other with respect. We also like to be social, kind and fun.
- Diversity and inclusion: Our team members come from diverse backgrounds from different countries and cultures, and we are equally represented by gender (50:50 ratio), including our co-founders and management team. We value each person’s opinions and unique perspectives. We love to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Autonomy in your work: We trust you to make the best decisions to achieve your goals. We provide you with enough support to get your work done to a high standard and let you get on with it. We have a flat company structure, we make fast decisions and iterate quickly.
- Personal growth and development: We invest in your long-term growth and development. You will work closely with team members to grow your skill set and we support you with courses, mentorship, training, workshops and conferences.
- Top-notch collaboration tools: We use Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Google Drive and Zoom to communicate and collaborate efficiently. We hardly use email at all.
Why work for GoSkills?
Does the thought of working with a fully remote, bootstrapped team of motivated people excite you? Do you have the drive to accelerate us on our path to becoming a fast-growing educational company?
This is your opportunity for a meaningful, long-term role to accelerate your career by contributing to the growth of an innovative tech company. Your work will have a real-life impact on people’s lives as we help them learn, upskill and stay relevant in the workplace.
About our team
Our team is small and fully distributed, and working remotely is part of our DNA. This means you’ll find a great remote working environment focused around making your day-to-day enjoyable and efficient.
We are a fun and social bunch, who communicate daily across time zones and continents, and have a strong culture that reflects the following values.
- Openness & creativity: Speak up! We encourage open communication, questioning minds and thinking outside the box.
- Freedom & equality: Everyone deserves autonomy in their jobs and an equal chance at success.
- Fun: Have fun and be silly! Follow your passion, love what you do and don’t take life too seriously :)
- Quality & innovation: We hold ourselves to high standards to ensure our learners have the best possible experience and achieve real results.
- Surprise & delight: Our customers’ success=our success. We make customer satisfaction a top priority with every interaction.
- Be good: We make choices that reflect good moral character, and strive to be the most responsible organization we can be.