FM is the parent company of Musicbed and Filmsupply, two premium content licensing brands in the filmmaking industry. We represent an elite roster of musicians and filmmakers and place their work in movies, shows, ads, short films, and more.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, we work with entertainment powerhouses like Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Netflix, MTV, and ESPN; as well as the world’s top brands like Nike, Apple, Google, Lamborghini, and Spotify.
We’re hiring a senior front end engineer to work on our web applications. These web applications are the way that thousands of creative people around the world find great music and inspiring clips for use in their projects and campaigns.
As part of the Engineering team, your time will be spent collaborating with other front end engineers, back end engineers, product managers and designers to create the best experience for our customers. The ideal candidate loves tinkering with cutting edge technology and has at least 5 years experience building large scale React applications.
The engineering team has a remote-first culture. As such, you will be comfortable working remotely, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage your own time. We have a relaxed working environment, great team culture and push for a standard of excellence in everything we do.
We’re after individuals that are curious about the possibility of technology, are eager to learn, and are diligent and kind. Our teams work well because we place trust in them to succeed. We believe in healthy debate and that great ideas can come from anybody.
We welcome and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
What you will work on
Lead the front end development of product features: As well as coding out complex features, you will contribute to the technical design process. You are product-minded and able to collaborate with your teammates to refine the product roadmap and vision, and guide your team in building out new features.
Define technical direction: You’ll maintain the standard for engineering excellence at FM and help shape the technical vision for our front end engineering stack (React, Next.js, React Native). You will influence best practices and introduce new technologies when appropriate.
Mentor other engineers: Work with more junior engineers to help them grow and develop their skills.
There are a lot of challenging and interesting technical problems to solve that directly impact our clients and colleagues. Here are some example projects that we have worked on recently:
- Build a custom audio player that includes the ability to track progress, expands to show additional details and allows users to easily explore our artist catalog.
- Enhance the purchase flow with additional payment options, subscriptions, and a seamless checkout.
- Help maintain a beautiful custom React component library, including reusable components with tailored functionality and consistent design attributes.
- Work on a multi-month greenfield project in Next.js.
- Help implement a robust CI/CD pipeline.
A great candidate will have
- At least 5 years experience developing front end applications with React (and preferably Next.js).
- A love of Typescript and unit-tested React components.
- Highly skilled in HTML and CSS.
- Proven technical leadership skills, including the ability to architect complex front-end web applications.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Pays attention to detail and overall application design.
- Experience in any of the following is a bonus: Webpack, Unstated, Cypress, React Native.
Salary and benefits
Salary: Team members are the greatest asset of our company and we invest accordingly with competitive salaries based on experience and impact.
Professional Development: The desire to learn and grow is crucial for every team members so we offer free books and a professional development budget to facilitate growth
Benefits: We cover your medical and disability premiums while offering additional voluntary and family benefits to fit everyone's needs.
Retirement: Planning for a future is important and we want to be a part of helping secure your future beyond your day job. We will match your contributions up to 4%.
Generous Vacation Policy
We are firm believers in having a great work-life balance and offer up to 30 days vacation per year.
Technology: You will be set up with everything you need to do your best work, including a top of the line MacBook Pro and a stipend to set up your home office.
Remote first: The entire engineering team works remotely from across the world.
How to apply
You can apply on our website at https://www.fm.co/careers
. Tell us why you’d like to work here and what the team would be like if you were in it. If you’ve worked on any similar projects before, then we would love to hear about them.