We believe everyone can love their work & build a meaningful career. Our aim is to bring people tools and real-time guidance that empower them to build a career they love. We are working towards providing people with a platform that enables confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire!
Companies have HR, but most consumers really only have... Google…. Does the idea of empowering every professional in the world with the tools, guidance and community to grow their career appeal to you? Do you believe a Calm or Peloton for careers SHOULD exist? Then read on because we might just have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to lead and define the architecture and execution strategy for all frontend efforts across the Teal platform. You will be working with our current front-end engineer who is fantastic and strong and loves his craft.
As a Lead Front-end Engineer at Teal You Will:
- Architect and implement best practices for the Teal frontend client
- Collaborate with backend engineers, designers and business stakeholders
- Develop and shape the company’s frontend coding standards and processes
- Grow and build the frontend engineering team
You Have Experience:
- With our stack: React, Redux, Typescript
- With testing, and you love it
- Working in a startup environment where helping to build culture and processes is just as important as building code
Nice to Haves:
- Chrome Extension Experience
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- On Day 1 you’ve made your first pull request
- In 1 Week you have a good idea of how to take the existing frontend client to where it needs to go in terms of high level architecture and low level pattern changes
- You have moved the needle on the frontend client, structuring it in such a way that future functionality becomes easier, not harder to implement
At 3 months:
- We are in flow, moving at speed because of the prior foundational work, adding new features, able to iterate and test and measure with confidence
At 6 months:
- Your tools have been in people’s hands for months
- You’ve personally seen that your work has affected the lives of thousands of people as they gain employment through the tools you’ve created
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, which typically results in less miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $160,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
(Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.