We are a profitable software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
Form Publisher lets you generate documents from Google Docs templates and Google Forms answers, that get directly stored and sent and shared in Google Drive to the people you want.
It is one of the very top Google Marketplace add-on
. Thousands of organisations and millions of people use it to automate tedious business processes, such as generating purchase requests, invoices, quotes, certificates, and much more.
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment. As such, Form Publisher is ready for a solid UI and UX revamp.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US, Philippines, UK, Ireland), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We are growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights.
Would you like to work on a product with millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Programmer to join our growing team! The Senior Programmer is responsible for the development of subsystems of a product across the stack. You will join a small passionate team, and will be able to have a high impact. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
You will report to the Lead Engineer and work closely with the Product and Support teams.
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Implementing new workflow features
- Implementing notification features
- Building an entirely new add-on
- Implementing an external-facing API
- Improving the billing system
- Rebuilding our marketing website
- Improving performance of a specific component
Some examples of what we did in the last few months alone:
- Refactored the entire UI from static HTML and vanilla JS to React, opening up the stage for hot reloading and external components
- Started adding Unit/Functional tests and connected them to the build process
- Automated the build and deployment process
- Completely refactored outdated code
- Added code styling tools
- Added different environments and steps for the development and testing processes
- Increased release frequency
- Made several features
We are always open to new suggestions and ideas for improvement. Due to the relatively flat structure of the company, it is easy to implement the accepted ideas!
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Deep expertise with at least one programming environment
- Generally full-stack, with definite front-end experience
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 5-8 years as a professional programmer on SaaS products
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, and Slack
- Language: fluent in English
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Show us some code you’ve written that you’re proud of if possible
- Tell us about what you’ve built in the past, what where the tradeoffs, the challenges, and how you made your technology choices
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test. You’ll then move on to an interview with the Lead Engineer, then one with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Awesome Table is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.