We are looking for a full-stack developer with experience working on a production Ruby on Rails application to help us build and improve our Octopi Terminal Operating System (TOS), used by cargo ports to manage their operations.
The ideal person for this position should be intellectually curious and willing to learn about the shipping and maritime industry. They should have a strong ability to perform deep work: to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. Finally, they should be able to make pragmatic decisions while designing and building new features for our product.
- Ruby on Rails
- Git & Github
- Backbone JS or Vue.js
- Design and build new features for Octopi in Ruby on Rails.
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and pragmatic code.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to help our customers thrive.
- Always work to improve our application and our customers’ experience.
- At least 6 years of experience developing software professionally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Git and Github.
- Ability to work directly with our customers and to visit cargo port terminals.
- Willing to visit our offices in Miami, Florida during the first weeks of employment for
training and as needed after our initial training period.
Making Your Next Move Count
At Navis, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our teammates through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and a deep commitment to developing you. Navis’ culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Navis and thrive in your every workday!
Navis LLC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.