Getro is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making and receiving professional introductions by combining technology and empathy. We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates open jobs across a network of companies and;
- GetroNetwork, which allows talent (active and passive searchers) and companies to find one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
Together our products provide all of the quality that comes from a referral vs hundreds of faceless Linkedin profiles, with a UX that is built for employers, not recruiters, and doing away with all of the emailing, calls, and reminders that usually go into a referral request.
Our customers include over 500 communities and independent professional networks — like venture capital funds (Kleiner Perkins), accelerators (TechStars), membership communities (Women 2.0), government associations (Techleap.nl), universities (University of Toronto), and more. They use our software to make better introductions for their community members, measure the outcomes of their intros, and in some cases, make money.
We're are hyper-motivated, but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presentee-ism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
We're hiring a Lead Data Engineer to form part of our core team (first 25 employees). This is a career-defining opportunity to lead the development and scaling of our systems as we move to Series A and beyond, from hundreds of customers to thousands, and from millions of data points to billions. This role has a pathway towards CTO (pending your career goals).
You, as an engineer...
- Have 7+ years professional experience as a data engineer or backend engineer with plenty of data-intensive projects under your belt
- Are an expert in architecting data pipelines
- Can define data quality metrics and implement data quality monitoring solutions
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Have experience hiring data engineers
- Have lead a team of data engineers or other data/engineering professionals
- Have experience in a growing startup
- Have a product mindset and experience working with Product Managers in agile teams
- Know how to ask questions to data entry specialists to understand their problems and like to scope solutions to make them more efficient or even remove their work
- Have collaborated with Data Scientists/ML Engineers and/or worked on ML projects.
- Communicate clearly in both English and in code
- Want to help bring about a positive change in society
- Have a product mindset
The sort of projects you will work on:
- Design and implement automated data validation services (think: textual analysis/NLP to match strings within job posts to job functions, skill sets and locations)
- Develop our manual data processing task systems (think: an internal mechanical turk)
- Understand the challenges of our data curation specialists and scope solutions to improve their efficiency or reduce their workload
- Collaborate with our backend product engineers in the design of data schemas for new products and features, and the migration of our existing data to more optimal schemas.
- Rearchitect our customer facing analytics solution to be fully event driven
- Optimise the performance of our products by decoupling data services from other concerns
Benefits and Perks
- Salary: $120,000- $150,000 depending on experience
- Generous employee stock options with an attractive strike price
- 100% remote-first since 2008, 100% flexible.
- Unlimited vacation
- Unique culture: Humans first, unicorn dreams second.
- We get together virtually and in person for company summits.
- Healthcare & coworking allowance
- Be one of the first 25 employees driving real impact. No cogs here.