Help us change the face of cybersecurity
is discovering the next generation of cyber talent.
We’ve created a unique puzzle-based screening platform that evaluates the real-world skills security analysts need to succeed. Our assessments help hiring managers identify the best talent by giving every candidate a chance to show what they can do. The cybersecurity industry is growing, and companies need to build better, more diverse teams faster. They can no longer rely on outdated screening processes and metrics like certifications to find the best talent. At Enigma, we believe that what you can do is more important than your background, and our platform gives every candidate the chance to demonstrate their skills.
And screening is just the start. Using our assessment data, we are building The Enigma Community -- the most comprehensive database of cyber talent. Ultimately, we aim to become the source of truth for professionals to showcase their skills (think: LinkedIn for cybersecurity).
Working at Enigma
We're a remote-first, fully distributed startup. Read our values and how we've set ourselves up for success here
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a driven, entrepreneurial full-stack developer to help lead and grow our engineering team. Ultimately, we expect this person to become a leader within the company.
You’ll work with the CEO to
- architect new frontend and backend features in our talent screening platform
- define maintainable and readable standards in our codebase
- help us constantly improve our CI/CD workflows
- manage and maintain our product’s infrastructure
- define the vision for our engineering team hiring strategy, and quickly execute it
- engage with top VCs as we bring together our next round of fundraising
- several years of engineering experience, preferably in a fast-growth environment
- a deep understanding of web frameworks and when to use specific technologies
- the ability to quickly design, architect, and build new features
- the desire to mentor junior talent and build a high-performing engineering culture
- attention to detail and the ability to do “finished work”
- tireless work ethic and accountability — if you say you’ll handle it, it’s as good as done
Now on to the fun stuff…
- Our frontend is built in React.js + Next.js, and (almost) everything is strongly typed using TypeScript, for our general sanity
- Our database runs on AWS RDS (using PostgreSQL), and we use Auth0 for user management
- Our infrastructure is currently on Vercel, which makes deployments/rollbacks one-click, and we use cypress for testing
Base salary range: $125K - $150K
Equity: We have reserved a large chunk of equity for the right founding team members
As a seed stage startup we do not have all of our benefits in place yet. We’re actively working on implementing full medical, dental, vision, and 401K by Q2 2022 (or sooner).
We do offer:
- fully remote, flexible hours
- flexible PTO
- mentorship and professional development
- asynchronous communication
- real-time feedback
- company-provided equipment and a budget for WFH
We're also working towards a Four-Day work week and currently take one Friday off a month as a team.
Read more about our values here
Enigma is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Enigma is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.