Programmers spend too much time doing repetitive work — copying and pasting from StackOverflow, fixing simple errors, and writing boilerplate code. We're building an AI code engine that does this work for you. Programming using Kite is faster and more fun.
Kite is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the founders of PayPal, Stripe, Palantir, and Dropbox to name a few. We are looking to expand our 15-person startup with talented individuals who are interested in joining an early stage startup. The ideal candidate is excited to help guide the direction of our product and company. They will have a significant amount of ownership of critical technical components. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you'll grow with us too!
This role is a great opportunity for a software engineer to join our team remotely. Of course, there is always an option to relocating to San Francisco to work out of Kite HQ.
What you'll do
- Design, build and take ownership of large components of the product & infrastructure that powers Kite
- Collaborate on new architectures and components, working with technical leadership and other engineers
- Turn technical & product requirements into a technical plan to execute, test and deliver on time
- Take initiative to identify bottlenecks and issues that impact the product
- Develop and advocate for engineering best practices
- Become an engineering leader as the team grows, if desired
- Write clean, maintainable codeDesign and code review
What you've done
- Experience working with small teams building complex software outside of frameworks or existing infrastructure
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Experience taking ownership of projects and delivering results
- Worked with multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, macOS)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of best practices and development tools
- Experience building reliable and scalable systems (frontend & backend)
- Excited to work on a small, growing team in a startup environment
- Located in Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zone