WHY WORK WITH ZOOMFORTH
We continue to modernize our codebase and have constant feedback loops in place. From code reviews to sales calls, you will hear how the features you build impact our customers. We value getting the job done more than the number of hours you’re behind your computer screen. And with a small eng team, you can help shape the direction of our software and systems.
Our stack is AWS/Linux/MySQL/Python/React. We use modern dev tools like Vagrant, Packer, Webpack, and CircleCI.
- Design, implement, and improve our frontend React application, backend Python app, and ancillary systems
- Work with the product team to help determine product direction
- Review and improve other engineer’s code
- Work with engineers to design data models and implement application features.
- Participate in on-call customer support when necessary
We're a small, distributed team—so excellent communication, and a self-motivated work ethic are essential. Bonus if you’re experienced with remote work.
The desire to work with no hand-holding—i.e., independently research and design software systems based on business needs. Learning new skills along the way as necessary.
Experience with the systems needed to build and maintain a full web app stack:
- Experience with modern JS frontend frameworks / package management (React is preferred)
- Experience with interpreted web application frameworks. (Python Pyramids preferred)
- SQL Database experience in concurrent applications
- Basic proficiency in CSS
- Writing pragmatic, productive tests
- Using cli git and GitHub
Nice to have:
- Dev ops: VirtualBox, vagrant
- High level proficiency in CSS
- Webpack, Babel, ES6
- Linux server management, BASH
- RESTful application design
- AWS infrastructure management, (EC2, Elasticbeanstalk, cloudfront)
- Network debugging
- $80k-$120k base, based on role and experience
- Health, medical and dental
- Non-matching 401(k)
- Unlimited vacation
- This is a remote job, with opportunities for travel and team retreats