At Gower Street Analytics we are transforming the Film industry using predictive analytics and data science. We have contracts with major studios and cinema chains who use our product to inform their planning and releases.
We are currently hiring a mid-level or senior developer in a UK based remote role with experience in data engineering or functional programming. You'll be part of a small dev and data science team with responsibilities ranging from changes to our ETL pipeline to frontend features but the main focus of your role will be data engineering work.
Here's a few things we think set Gower St apart:
- Flexilibity: If for example working 3 or 4 days per week instead of full time suits you better, then we can make that happen.
- Inclusivity: Gower St strives to be an inclusive and diverse workplace. Emphaty and Integrety are amongst our core values, and we are thoughtful about how we build consensus and come to decisions.
- Remote done right: We've been a remote organisation long before Covid and tend to think we're pretty good at making that work for us.
- Opportunity: You'll have plenty of opportunity to work across teams to define new features and deliver them end to end. We're a small company (~ 20 people), and you'll have lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and make a lasting impact on the film industry in this job.
- Eligibility to work in UK: This is a UK-based role and candidates must be able to provide documentation to prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Learning and collaboration: Our team members are active learners who collaborate on problems and welcome questions. We expect you to be able to show examples of how you've worked with others to expand your knowledge of a business problem and built consensus across teams.
- Self-directed: You are comfortable self-managing and working remotely. We prefer if you can point to experience of working in a remote or partially remote role and give us examples that show your initiative and ownership outside of the expectation of your role.
- Integrity & Empathy: You are thoughtful in your interactions and mindful of how you impact other people through the way you communicate and behave. We expect you to be able to give examples of situations where you've consciously made sure to be inclusive.
- Flexibility: We are open to you working 3 or 4 days per week and setting your own schedule as long as you're responsive and able to attend important meetings.
- Compensation: You will earn competitive market salaries for on-site roles, even though we're fully remote.
- Holidays & Insurance: You will get five weeks off per year plus bank holidays as well as private health insurance.
- Conferences: We aim for you to attend one "big" and one "small" technical conference each year.