Digital Scientists is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to work remotely in US, or in the office, with our team of developers based out of metro Atlanta. This position offers full time direct employment with a generous package of employment benefits, highly competitive salary, and flexible work hours.
You'll be part of a collaborative product development process - working together with our dispersed design, development and product management teams to build awesome mobile and desktop apps for our clients.
We are looking for a developer who is willing to mentor others as well as learn cutting edge tools and deliver projects. We help a variety of client companies build responsive digital products and businesses. As a Senior Developer, you will own the development and rollout for an entire product or large functions; define the issues and lead the solutions.
At Digital Scientists, we value curiosity, humility, trust & discipline. We solve problems in a collaborative environment with daily stand ups and pair programming, while also balancing time to work independently. Digital Scientists is a growing firm, looking to add developers to our team who want to work with a variety of clients to build awesome products.
WORK REMOTELY within the UNITED STATES, and be available to attend occasional meetings in our North Atlanta office.
Unable to sponsor work Visas
- Work across the full stack, building solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Lead and contribute to the growth of the software development team
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including attending project stand-ups, requirements definition, scoping, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate across time zones remotely via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences where required
- Work directly with clients to achieve the best results for their projects
- 7+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of lead development experience
- Experience with RDBMS databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Well-versed with NoSQL data stores such as Redis and ElasticSearch
- Strong experience with Git
- AWS, GCP, and/or Azure experience
- Experience with build pipelines and continuous delivery
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts
- Comfortable educating and mentoring junior developers
Nice to Have
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Container technologies experience, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of mobile app development platforms including Swift, Android SDK
- Strong TDD/BDD and Agile Development experience
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Work with the latest and greatest open-source tools
- Opportunities for professional development
- Flexible work schedule
- 15 Days Paid Time Off plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Group health plan (100% of Employee premium paid by Company)
- 401K Savings plan (with generous employer matching)
- Reports To: Director Engineering
About Digital Scientists LLC
Atlanta based software innovation lab with an integrated team of innovative designers, developers and strategists who enjoy working together to create digital products that solve clients' problems. Since 2007 we've partnered with forward thinking businesses to create mobile apps, sophisticated web platforms, eCommerce and "internet of things (IoT) applications - all using the latest technologies to deliver awesome software products to solve complex problems for users.