- Working with a bunch of our retainer clients on their websites and online stores, suggesting improvements, tending to feature requests, fixing bugs and doing general maintenance work.
Main tasks 👩💻
- Write semantic HTML markup,
- Write mobile-first, responsive CSS
- Use Tailwind CSS to style user interfaces,
- Use Vue.js and React to build user interfaces,
- Integrate with and develop for modern content management systems (CMS’s) like Craft CMS or Shopify and static site generators like GatsbyJS,
- Develop websites and web applications with PHP and SQL
- Use a modern PHP MVC framework like Laravel or Yii 2
- Use modern programming principles like OOP, DRY and
- Consume REST and GraphQL APIs,
- Develop with a good understanding of SEO, speed and security best practices,
- Think creatively to solve UI/UX problems and other issues that may not have been considered by other team members,
- Thoroughly validate and test work to resolve bugs, usability issues, browser differences and platform differences,
- Use Git and GitLab for tracking changes and working alongside other team members,
- Use Webpack to automate tasks and build processes,
- Write internal and external documentation for your work,
- Adhere to the company’s coding styles and conventions to ensure consistency,
- Train clients how to update and maintain their websites and web applications,
- Collaborate with other team members and make suggestions for solutions to problems,
- Plan and execute your work meticulously to minimise mistakes,
- Maintain and improve company website,
- Contribute to company development projects,
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies,
- Participate in training and education sessions.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Skills, competencies and personal attributes 🤝
- Strong communication: communicate clearly and concisely and varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Business acumen: keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a "business situation" in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out duties in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work management/organisation: ability to organise work and workload to meet multiple requirements and deadlines.
- Good judgement: consider the consequences of one's decisions.
- Problem solving: the ability to define a problem, determine the cause of the problem, identify and analyse solutions and select a final solution.
- Ability to adapt: the ability to positively adapt to different conditions and environments to improve the chance of success.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.
- Professional approach: show a high level of skill when accomplishing a task.
We are looking forward to getting to know you! 💪