So, this just happened:
Brivity raises $100 million Series A funding led by Goldman Sachs and 3L Capitol, at a $1 billion valuation.
This investment will allow us to build out our financial/sales/operational integrated software solution, Place Inc. https://place.com
, with the goal to go public in 24-36 months. If you have strong experience in software architecture, design and development, we want to talk to you if you reside in the Western Hemisphere.
The Core team owns several software products built as individual offerings and as a platform solution. These products are built using a services approach, communicating through API calls and message queue technologies. As these systems provide the foundational information about all client data, building and supporting services that are robust at scale is central to our mission.
Our company has a strong mission ensuring our tools make Brivity the only system that guarantees success in real estate. We are always striving to be better engineers, evaluating ourselves through retrospectives, putting the resulting action items into practice and supporting personal growth by sharing techniques and best practices through lunch-and-learns and group discussions on new technology.
We are looking for strong coders with experience building and deploying Ruby on Rails and React applications to AWS. Rails 5-6, Postgres and Sidekiq required.
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust inbound lead ingestion and outbound reporting for customers
- Defining the architecture for continued decomposing of the existing monolithic, Rails- centric services into a future where multiple services, each with a dedicated focus, are deployed and scaled independently
- Responding to pull/merge requests and providing timely feedback to other engineers
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint
- Representing Engineering to the Implementation Team for discussing and resolving technical issues with a business impact
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- At least 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Development experience utilizing Ruby on Rails required
- At least 3+ years building and supporting back-end services with non-trivial scaling needs
- At least 1+ years of experience in service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
- At least 2+ years experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building out data integration solutions with business partners
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure supporting large-scale applications: you haven't just written and supported applications that scale to large volumes of traffic, data, or users, you understand the tradeoffs that make it possible to scale
- Be resourceful and able to work independently with minimal direction while communicating effectively with the team: self-starter/self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Brivity, Inc. is the technology division within the Ben Kinney Companies. Ben Kinney Cos. is the #40 company in transaction volume according to the Real Trends 500 2021. Our development team is headquartered in Bellingham, WA with remote developers working throughout the Western Hemisphere.
Brivity, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Brivity provides unlimited time off and other benefits such as maternal/paternal paid leave.