About Invisible Themes
Invisible Themes is a small team that designs and develops premium eCommerce themes for the Shopify Theme Store. We are a remote-first company with employees from around the world.
This is a full-time fully remote position with flexible working hours and environment. As long as you get the job done, you choose when, where, and how to work.
About The Role
As Invisible’s Technical Lead you will lead and grow a small development team, design our onboarding and training programs, and set our development roadmaps. You will be working closely with the co-founders, development team and product managers to build industry leading themes used by thousands of Shopify merchants around the world.
You will be responsible for balancing the ever-increasing complexity of modern e-commerce with the need for elegance, simplicity and test-coverage in our codebases. You will be building features, writing exemplary code for the development team to follow and defining the development roadmap. Your goal will be to focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just shipping features quickly. You will be responsible for guiding the technical direction of the organization, creating design patterns our developers will follow and building complex features when your direct input is needed.
As a Technical Lead, you will:
- Lead the development of the product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Create the technical framework, build processes, and design patterns our development team uses to build feature.
- Build a process to ensure consistent quality, website performance, and test coverage.
- Clearly define and prioritize problems worth solving now, later or never.
We are looking for a developer with management experience and deep technical knowledge:
- Deep technical foundations and many years experience in front-end development.
- Experience managing or leading a development team.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience working remotely, or a desire to try it.
- An excellent sense of humour. :)
The following are not required but would be helpful, and might be worth mentioning on your application:
- Some knowledge of Shopify.
- Some background in themes, templates, or products on any platform where the code itself is something that customers will read and modify.
How To Apply
We are looking forward to reading your application!