This position is open to candidates based in Australia, New Zealand and Philippines.
What is LIGR?
LIGR.Live, our cloud-based plug and play sports broadcast platform, has completely transformed the livestream sports landscape and made it possible for more than 1,000 sports organisations in 80 countries to self-produce their live sport. Our customers love LIGR.Live because they can add stunning TV-quality animated graphics to their livestreams or broadcasts in a matter of minutes – but we are much more than a simple graphics platform.
LIGR is the only all-in-one sports broadcast solution. Our users can access powerful automation and collaboration tools, live scoring and in-game stats, fixture and asset management, integrated sponsorship and advertising, and built-in tracking and reporting. We’re also working on more exciting features, such as video mixing and production, automatic replays, automatic social posts, and more advanced advertising tools for sports sponsors.
LIGR is VC funded and backed by prominent angel investors. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people to join our team who value collaboration, growth and learning.
What’s the role?
We are after an experienced lead engineer who can lead and inspire our team of engineers. You’ll not only help develop and shape the way we scale our platform, but you will also play a key role in growing our engineering team and driving the technical direction of our product. Your collaborative attitude and interpersonal skills will help you thrive as a lead engineer.
- Lead, hire, mentor and coach a remote team of engineers
- Build out new features and perform effective code reviews
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
- Drive delivery of projects from ideation to completion while also ensuring overall reliability, performance,security and stability
- Arrange, encourage and run regular check-ins with engineers in your team
- Maintain exceptional externally-facing developer documentation and other technical documentation
- Establish standard methodologies and operating procedures as runbooks to share knowledge across teams
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priorities
- Help support the diagnosis of customer issues as and when they happen
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering team
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Partner closely with Product Management, Customer Experience, and Product Design to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling, and user-friendly product
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience building SaaS products using Typescript, React and its ecosystem, and Node.js
- Experience with API management (REST and GraphQL)
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL)
- Experience building complex real-time software and event-driven systems
- Strong communicator and stakeholder management
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- An ability to manage time effectively and balance competing prioritie
Desirable attributes (non-essential):
- A basic understanding of live video production and accompanying technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- A general understanding of sport
- Experience with testing, Site Reliability Engineering or DevOp
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun, creative environment and learning from the best technical minds in the sports industry, we offer:
- A competitive salary + ESOP (depending on experience)
- A role at a start-up sized company, where you can make an immediate impact
- The chance to work with global sporting bodies, sports leagues, sportscasters and broadcasters
- Flexible work hours - we focus on output
- Work remotely around Australia / New Zealand / Phillippines
If you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you!