DNSimple is looking for a Software Engineer to join our engineering team. In this role, you'll work with other engineers to develop the product that our customers use to manage their domain and DNS zones.
Our product is composed of different components built in various languages. Ruby is the primary language. Our main application uses Rails and Vue.js. Most of our backend systems are developed in Go.
Compensation from 5500 USD/month to 8000 USD/month depending on your experience.
- Collaborate with product teams to define and implement new features in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others.
- Document the systems you help build.
- Work with support to triage and debug support requests.
- Provide direct support to our customers.
- Participate in on-call rotations with your team, triage and respond to issues, looking for opportunities to improve service health.
- Represent DNSimple and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- 2+ years experience with software development.
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Professional experience with Ruby and Rails.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Experience using command-line interface and scripting.
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with Go is a plus.
- Familiarity with the domain and DNS industry.
- Professional experience with other programming languages.
- Public records of open source contributions.
Why you should join
DNSimple is not only fully remote, we were born as a 100% remote company. We offer flexible schedules, and you can work from anywhere.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages. We care for our employees, and we're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
As part of the team, your feedback and input are not only welcomed, they're anticipated. We're a small team, and everyone's opinion matters.
Typical hiring process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be removed from consideration at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short homework assignment. The assignment will be reviewed. Upon successful completion, the candidate will be invited to schedule a 30-minute interview with a member of our Engineering team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50-minute interview with our Director of Engineering.
- Finally, candidates will meet with our CEO who will conduct the final interview.